Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Having a baby... TOMORROW!!!

Big news people!!!  I had my 3-week growth ultrasound today and the LW gained 1 lb 3 oz.  We're very happy that she's gaining weight!  Her new estimated weight is 4 lbs, 11 oz, so hopefully in reality she's at least 5 lbs.  However, this new estimate puts her in the 4th percentile on the growth chart, whereas she was in the 9th percentile 3 weeks ago.  Also, they noticed a part of distended bowel that is starting to sneak back into the hole.  They don't want the hole to start compressing the bowel.  So... since I'm only 3 days away from full term, they decided that it's GO TIME!!!  My C-section (because she's still breech) is scheduled for tomorrow at 8 am!

We're equal parts nervous and excited.  We finally get to meet this little diva tomorrow!  So many questions running through my head... what will she look like?  How much will she weigh?  What condition will her intestines be in?  Will she need a breathing tube?  When will we finally be able to hold her?  And of course, the biggie: HOW LONG UNTIL WE CAN TAKE HER HOME???  Actually, these questions have been running through my head since January 5, 2012, the day we found out about the gastroschisis.  I can't believe that tomorrow we will finally start to get some answers.  It has been such a long road, and I know the hardest part is still to come, but I'm so ready to meet my daughter and do this thing!!!

Erik will be updating the blog and Facebook as soon as he can.  THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers and positive mojo!  We are so humbled and thankful to have you all cheering us on.  Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sending all my mojo straight to your womb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on Jave's comment!! We're sending all of our positive energies your way Heidi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thinking of you and sending all goodness and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you 3, sweetie. Can't wait to meet this littlest (and strongest) warrior <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to being a grandpa today! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete