Saturday, June 2, 2012

34 WEEKS!


All about baby…

  • Average baby weighs about 4.75 lbs and is about 18 inches long
  • Major organ development is nearly complete
  • Central nervous system and lungs continue to mature
  • Baby’s fat layers are filling out
  • Fingernails have reached the ends of baby’s fingertips
  • Babies born between 34-36 weeks gestation are considered “late preterm.”  These babies can have some short-term health issues but generally do as well as full-term babies in the long run.  

All about me…

Total Weight Gain: 33 lbs
Bellybutton: Still an innie, but a shallow innie
Stretchmarks: None so far
Baby position: The little yogi is still in frank breech position
Sleep: I made it this far without having any trouble sleeping, but sadly those days are numbered.  It’s just hard to get into a comfortable position and stay there.  But I can still sleep for 4-5 hour stretches at a time.  I also take a lot of naps (one of the benefits of being in the hospital).
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, fatigue, shortness of breath, trouble sleeping, sore back
Food Cravings: ice cream, chocolate, basically anything sweet
High Point of the Week: Making it to 34 weeks!!!  When I was first admitted to the hospital at 30w/5d, the doctors said that the LW would be in great shape if I could get to 34 weeks.  Now we’re there and poised to go even further!  I’m so proud of us.  No matter how far we make it, the difference between 30 weeks and 34 weeks is huge.
Low Point of the Week: My growth ultrasound, but I’m feeling a lot better about that now
One Thing I Miss About Home:
Waking up next to Erik :(
What I’m Reading: A Clash of Kings, the 2nd book in the Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series
What I’m Looking Forward to: Getting a massage this week.  Yes, they have massage therapists here!
Next Milestone: At this point each week is a milestone.  But the next big one is 37 weeks (full term!) 





3 comments:

  1. Dear Family of Warriors!
    Great news!
    Love all three of you!
    G-Ma Mek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Warriors family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you can deliver anytime now, right ??? :)
    I guess better to wait until 37th week if possible.

    You're lovely on the pictures !
    Ho, and say hi to the cute Stannis Baratheon from me when you get a chance in your readings ;-P

    ReplyDelete