Monday, June 18, 2012

36 WEEKS!


All about baby…
  • Average baby weighs about 6 lbs and is about 18.5 inches long
  • Baby continues to add fat and put on weight
  • Baby is starting to shed lanugo (a layer of downy hair that covers the body) and the vernix caseosa (a waxy substance all over the body that protects the baby’s skin from the amniotic fluid)
  • At the end of this week, baby is no longer considered preterm!!
All about me…

Total time in hospital: 5 weeks, 3 days
Total Weight Gain:
37 lbs
Bellybutton: Still a hybrid innie/outtie
Stretchmarks: Just noticed my first few… and I was so close!
Baby position: Frank breech
Sleep: Still decent
Symptoms: BH contractions, fatigue, shortness of breath, pelvic pressure
Food Cravings: Ice cream, chocolate
High Point of the Week: Start of the NBA Finals!  If you know me, you know I’m a big basketball fan.  If you have to be in the hospital, playoffs season is a good time to be there.
Low Point of the Week: Can’t think of one… this was a pretty mellow week.
One Thing I Miss About Home: Nesting and baby prepping. I was enjoying putting the nursery together before I was admitted to the hospital.  But we’ll still have time to wrap things up while the LW is in the NICU.
What I’m Reading: The Glass Castle
What I’m Looking Forward to: Wednesday’s 3-week growth ultrasound
Next Milestone: 5 days until the LW is full term!!  Two weeks until delivery day!!!!

36 Weeks

In-room artwork, courtesy of Erik

1 comment: