Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Due Date, Lucy!

Today is Lucy's original due date, and she's still on track to come home on Monday! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that we'd be bringing our baby home two days after her due date, just like anyone else. Lucy started "demand feeding" today which means that she eats however much she wants whenever she wants it. Erik and I have been running all over town buying last-minute baby stuff, including a new freezer to store the bounty of breast milk I've saved up. We'll go to the hospital tonight and try to breastfeed for the first time! I'm very excited and also a little nervous because I know breastfeeding can be a challenge for any newborn, let alone one who didn't eat for the first two weeks of her life. So we'll see how it goes. If it takes a while that's okay, too. We can always feed her my milk from a bottle. It's been amazing to see how excited people are for Lucy's homecoming! She is such a special little girl who is loved by so many. Like all gastro babies, she reminds us of the strength of the human spirit and the preciousness of life. I've said it a million times, but I feel so, so blessed to be the mom of this Little Warrior.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, Heidi.

    I hope that after your hospital visit, you two can go out and "party" tonight, and tomorrow night too! You have so much to celebrate! I believe all the parents out there would agree that these opportunities will become a scarce commodity for a while. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete