Wednesday, September 26, 2012

An Upcoming Adventure...

We have a wedding to go to this weekend in SoCal and Lucy will be staying with my parents in Bakersfield.  After some thought we decided that Lucy and I will take the Amtrak to Bakersfield on Friday and Erik will drive up after work.  Usually the train ride is about 2 hours longer than the drive (6 hrs vs. 4 hrs), but last time we drove it took much longer than usual since we had to stop several times for feeding and changing.  Moreoever, it seems like it would be better to have that time to spend with Lucy instead of driving, right?  We can play, talk, walk around, eat, and sleep whenever we want.  Not to mention the train is much safter than driving.  Even so, I'm not going to lie... I'm a little nervous!  Who wouldn't be?  I'm about 75% sure she'll do just fine, but I really don't want to be that person with the screaming baby.  Keep your fingers crossed for us, and look forward to a future blog report on how she did!

Watch out Amtrak passengers, cuz it's about to get real.




         

No comments:

Post a Comment