Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Lucy's thoughts on Santa: "Meh."

Sorry for the hiatus, folks!  We were crazy busy hosting Christmas this year.  We had grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins visiting from all over California.  16 people total at our house for Christmas dinner!  And I don't need to tell you who the star of the show was.

Hint: not me.

Lucy and her presents.

USC baby gear. Starting her early.

I'll take that.

Mmm.

We had a few big milestones in December:


  • Lucy turned 6 months old!
6-month birthday pic

  • Lucy started solid foods.  So far she's had rice cereal, sweet potato, and banana.  We were able to share her first sweet potato tasting with our family while they were in town, and Auntie Kate got some great photos. 







  • Tonight is our 3rd night of sleep training, something I've been dreading for weeks now. It is HARD. REALLY HARD. But we're already starting to see improvement after just 3 nights.  I will share more about this experience in a few days, after we've made it out of the woods.  

Finally, I couldn't start the new year without paying my respects to 2012.  The year began with the news that Lucy would be born with gastroschisis.  On Monday, we ended the year in the company of a beautiful, happy, and 100% healthy 6-month-old baby girl.  I will always look back on 2012 with crystal clear remembrance and immense gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment