Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  My parents came to San Francisco and we spent a lot of time playing with Lucy, who is doing new things every day.  Right now she particularly enjoys peek-a-boo, being chased, and reading "touch and feel" books.  Here she is playing skype peek-a-boo with her Auntie Kate and Uncle Lee in Boston.



This Mother's Day sure beats last year's when I was stuck in a hospital bed and strapped to a fetal monitor all day.  Can you believe it has been a year since that whole ordeal?!  The one-year anniversary of my hospital admittance was May 10.  It was a reflective day for me, and I felt extra thankful for the little things, like being able to walk around my house, pet the cats, go outside, and hang out with Erik.  But most of all I felt tremendous gratitude for the health and happiness of the Littlest Warrior!  We are so blessed that everything turned out so well and that all of it now seems like a distant memory.  What a year it has been!

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable! You do such a great job of contrasting the beginning and end of Lucy's first year! It's almost beyond words! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete