Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meeting the Fam Damily

This week we took Lucy on her first roadtrip to meet my family in Bakersfield!  I'm starting to learn that things take twice as long when you throw an infant into the mix.  What used to be a 4-hour drive turned into a 7-hour drive because we had to stop several times to feed and change her.  And despite the 106-degree weather, Lucy was a real sport.  It was a beautiful thing to see her in the arms of her relatives who love her so much.  They have all been so incredibly supportive throughout my pregnancy and Lucy's hospital stay, and it felt SO good to finally show them our perfectly healthy, happy little girl!  The last baby in our family is now in high school, so this was a pretty monumental meeting.  And true to form, Lucy was a real sweetheart for everyone. 

In other news, Lucy is 7.5 lbs now.  Her closure is down to a tiny scab.  She isn't sleeping through the night yet, but we're hanging in there.  She's eating a LOT - she can down over 100 mls now and she eats about every 2-3 hours.  All is good in Lucyland!

New dance move: Disco Fever.

Lucy and Grandma Jaye (I still can't believe my mom is a grandma!)



Lucy fit perfectly in Grandpa Charlie's arms.


Talk to me, C-Mac.


Lucy and Nana (her great grandmother)

I felt the same way about this woman when I was a baby.


Four generations.  I've been waiting a long time to take this picture!

Nana, Papa, and Grandma Jaye
Lucy and Aunt Mary (my great Aunt... does that make her Lucy's great-great Aunt?)


Lucy and Aunt Gina.



Lucy and Uncle Dave.

Lucy and Uncle David.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are very special to me. Even before Lucy was born, each person in these photos included me in Heidi's family. Thomas too. Now that I'm Lucy's Grandma Mek, I feel like I'm really a member of the clan! I love and appreciate ALL of you!

    ReplyDelete